Important Notice for Clubs’ Fixture Secretaries
21st December 2019
To All Clubs – memo on WTR
To All Fixtures Secretaries
As we move through the season and there are changes to fixtures due to cancellations, postponements, rearranged fixtures and competitions, we are finding it increasingly difficult to keep up to date with appointing and reassigning referees.
The information does not automatically populate so we are asking all Fixture Secretaries to regularly check WTR and update us with changes and cancellations
You are respectfully reminded that: –
- it is your Club’s responsibility to provide us with all the information regarding appointments you require
- it must be done in atimely way, taking notice of the appointments guidelines and periods set-out in the Handbook and elsewhere
- you should not rely on the League, GMS or WTR or any other body to tell us – they do not necessarily do so, especially for rearrangements, postponements, cup matches, etc.
- as advised already this Season, you should regularly cross-checkall the fixtures and appointments on WTR to ensure we have the fixture recorded; you must also advise us all cancellations and postponements – even those cancelled on the day of the match.
- remember to use email@example.com
- be aware that if you fail to tell us in good time about changes there is a high probability that you will not get a referee.
As set in the Rules of the Society, you may be liable for a surcharge should you fail to abide by the Rules. We shall implement this formally for the remainder of the season.
We do hope that with your help we shall be able to fulfil your requirements and that surcharging will be unnecessary.
Please help us to help you.