Training & Development – More Preferred Options Papers available for download
Andy McMillan, Chairman of Training & Development, introduced the thinking behind the Society’s “Preferred Options” (PO) papers at the pre-season meetings in August.
The idea of the papers is to help referees and assessors work towards taking a more consistent approach and to continually improve the refereeing of individual officials of all levels and in the Society as a whole.
Five more PO papers were published recently. The full set of twelve papers are available for download from madrefs.co.uk. The topics covered are as follows (click on the topic to download):
- PO#12 – Communicating with Players and Coaches
- PO#11 – Game Values
- PO#10 – Characteristics of a Manchester Society Referee
- PO#9 – Characteristics of a Manchester Society Assessor (Adviser)
- PO#8 – Refereeing the Lineout
- PO#7 – What does good advising look like?
- PO#6 – Starts, Restarts and Offside in Open Play
- PO#5 – Refereeing the Scrum
- PO#4 – Positioning
- PO#3 – Preparation and the Briefing
- PO#2 – Maintenance and Management of Technical Areas
- PO#1 – Authority and Gaining Respect
If you have any questions on the matters covered by the papers or you have a suggestion for a paper, please do contact your grade mentor and/or Andy.